View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionznc View Post
I have studied and researched what bible version to trust for quite some time now. What I have discovered is nothing more that confusion on top of more confusion. No matter how much I search, or how close I think I am to the truth, there is always something present to contradict what is there. I had thought the 1611 king james bible would be the one, however, it contains the "Apocrypha" which is not considered to be devinely inspired, and even considered evil by some due to the referencing of being able to pay your way out of sin:
FWIW, I have just bought the Old Scofield Bible,and really like it.
Others will also suggest a Ryrie,Dake,Thompson Chain. All good.
At one point i had to stop listening to everyone else's opinions and do it,luckily my new pastor ordered the Scofield. Believe me,i have been just as confused as you and as frustrated in finding a Bible. Everywhere i turned,there was always something wrong with my decision on a KJ Bible.
Being in a church that uses 2 or 3 versions causes confusion,been there done that. This year i struggled with other versions,opened my mind up to it,but, always knowing the KJ as my foundation,even when others bought into the new improved god. You don't feel secure or comfortable.
If the Preacher doesn't know where he stands,the congregation will never know,nor will they feel confident in there belief of God. The Apocrypha is not recognized as part of our Bible. 66 books,Thats it.
I hope you can overcome this confusion and may God help you through it.

Last edited by Jeremy; 12-14-2008 at 09:52 PM.