Thread: KJB summit
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 12:10 PM

Default Re: " KJB summit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
I know you are anti-KJBO. I also know that you are trying to "win us over" to your position, which you confess is "anti-KJBO'ism". Source: http://www.fundamentalforums.com/bib...ollessons.html

Anyway, the KJB summit videos are here, as you already know:

http://hylesanderson.edu/?page_id=2356
Aloha brother,

I want to thank you for providing us with the information about this so-called "KJB Summit". It should have been called the "Hyles/Anderson Summit on why "we" do NOT accept the King James Bible as our "FINAL AUTHORITY"!

I have endured 5 of the 10 videos posted and I still stand by my earlier comments (i.e. this Thread - Post #6) about "respect of persons"; "Christian Celebrities"; and "Faithlessness".

This so-called KJB "Summit" was nothing more than a Hyles/Anderson "SHOW" from start to finish! The whole "SHAM" was put on by Hyles/Anderson people and was "CONTROLLED BY" Hyles/Anderson people from beginning to end. {In addition to reviewing the first 5 videos, I reviewed a portion of the last Video ("Questions & Answers") and some of their answers (or refusal to answer a question) were meager, obtuse and pitiful, to say the least!}

A real genuine "KJB Summit" would have had men from "both sides" (or possibly "all sides") of the issue, instead of a "lopsided" presentation controlled by only one "party" to the debate.

Those men (that I viewed and listened to) who made their presentations judge according to "appearance". Their "measuring stick" in regards to "faithfulness" to God is: HOW MANY SOULS DO YOU "WIN" for the Lord Jesus Christ, and HOW BIG A WORK HAVE YOU BUILT (for the Lord - of course)! It's a "NUMBERS" & "SIZE" game [John 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.] and any one that does not "measure up" to their own personal private convictions are dismissed out of hand.

NONE of the speakers (that I viewed and listened to) have ONE SINGLE FINAL AUTHORITY (ONE BOOK -that they can hold in their hands). They all USE the King James Bible (for "results"); and they all give LIP-SERVICE to the King James Bible (or they would be fired), but not one of the men that I listened to demonstrated a LOVE for the King James Bible!

All of the men (that I viewed and listened to) ELEVATE the "GREEK" language and the "HEBREW" language as being SUPERIOR to the "ENGLISH" language - when it comes to the "words" of God. And because of their belief in the "original" languages, they are postulating that the "original languages are to be "PREFERRED" OVER the English - even though only a very small minority of Christians today can read and understand the "original languages"! {Please see my Post: http://av1611.com/forums/showpost.ph...2&postcount=33}

This "Summit" is a SOPHISTICATED and SUBTLE endeavor (carried out by the "educated intelligentsia" within "Christian circles") to UNDERMINE an ordinary Bible believer's faith in the Holy Bible! The only "outcome" that I can see as a result of this so-called "Summit" is more "DIVISION" amongst those Christians who call themselves Fundamentalists.

This "KJB Summit" has solved nothing about the "Which Bible" issue. There was NO EDIFICATION or PROFIT from this "Summit". And, although I make NO CLAIM to being a Prophet, I believe this so-called "KJB Summit" spells THE END for Hyles/Anderson College as far as upholding the holy and precious words of God, as found in our King James Bible. {Apostasy always begins with the "intelligentsia", i.e. the 'leaders" in the church. Today it's the "pastors" and "teachers" - in the Lord Jesus' time it was the "Pharisees" and the "scribes" - SAME BUNCH, just different names!}

The DESTRUCTIVE effects of this so-called "JKB Summit" will reverberate throughout the Fundamentalist Baptist churches throughout America - WHAT WERE THESE PEOPLE THINKING OF? WHAT DID THEY HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH?

2 Corinthians 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word ofGod: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

Psalms 33:4
For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth.

Last edited by George; 07-22-2009 at 12:19 PM.