View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 06:16 AM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
How do I refute false doctrine from Christians who say that we are "spiritual Israel" and, therefore, must keep the Law, including the Sabbath? This person keeps emailing me and telling me that I'm breaking the Law that we are supposed to be keeping by not observing the Sabbath.
"For Christ is the END OF THE LAW for righteousness
to every one that believeth." Rom. 10:4

"But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law WAS our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are NO LONGER under a schoolmaster." Gal 3:23-25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
I'm so tired of him wrestling with the Scriptures, in trying to pull me back under the law! I won't go back under the law, because being under grace is true FREEDOM in Christ.
If you are tired of false doctrine, then don't feel like you have to discuss it. You are correct, you have been set free and there is no reason to prove anything. Listen, I once knew a young Bible student who was always discussing things with the Mormons she worked with. I warned her about it because she was very smart and friendly but not well grounded in the Word, but she kept debating and talking with them. Eventually she started hanging around them socially. Guess what? Eventually she left our church and became a Mormon.

This is why the Bible tells us not to even let false teachers in our home. (2 John 1:10)