Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:45 AM

Hi Brother, thank you for your testimony
Quote:
Only someone with an agenda (a repentantless gospel) would even imply that "This Was Your Life" teaches "lordship salvation" as portrayed by some extremists. Nowhere does the Bible teach that you must "repent of all your sins" but it does teach that if one comes to God for salvation there will be a desire to turn from sin and turn to Christ. That change of heart is the difference between a Christian and a lost religious man.
We don't turn from sin to turn to Christ, we take the filthy rags that are our life and lay them at his feet at the cross and exclaim "I cannot deal with them lord I leave it all at your cross"
To turn from sin to turn to Christ is adding to salvation, we must take our sins TO Christ knowing full well we are dead in them for we have no power to turn from them or deal with them without him, once sins are forgiven and dealt with there will be a genuine repentance toward our sinful lives and we will strive to change those things by Gods grace and over time, not overnight. I understand to what you mean about those who fit into the "easy believism" category, but you have to be careful when and how you define "easy believism" Paul Washer, Ray Comfort, John Macarthur etc all teach that turning from sin must be done before we come to Christ.
If a man was living in sin with his Girlfriend and received a Gospel tract, or heard the word of God being preached and was convicted in his heart and knew he was dead in his sin without Christ as his personal Saviour, does that man need to first go home and sort out his living arrangements before Christ will accept him? NO of course not, that change comes after salvation
I will agree with you that simply "saying a prayer" but not believing in your heart you are a guilty sinner destined for an eternal hell does not save a man, but many do feel convicted of their sins in their hearts, but they may be simple unlearned people, they have no idea of how it all is supposed to work in a Church, a Pastor may tell them they need to say a prayer or follow an alter call, but if the first step toward Christ has been made in their hearts, they are saved

Romans 10:9-10 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.