Thread: Bad tracts
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 10:44 AM

Default Re: "Bad tracts"

Aloha brother Tandy,

Thanks for your word of testimony, I'm now (more than ever) pretty sure that we are not very far apart on what we believe.

I too, have seen these "heavy handed" tactics from preachers. God blessed my wife and I with 7 children between 1962 & 1982, I never once "pressured" one of them to "get saved". I believe that the Holy Spirit must convict and convince (through the hearing of God's word) in order for someone to be genuinely saved.

On the Island of Kauai, we once had this preacher from Texas who came to our little Baptist church and at the end of one of the services he did practically the same thing (as what happened to you) to one of the neighbors girls (14-15 years old) that we would bring to the church services. He "cornered" her and pushed for a "decision".

That "preacher" left after a week of meetings, BUT, that girl NEVER went to church with us again! I vowed that I would NEVER do that to ANYONE, nor would I allow anyone that I labored with for the Lord do that either.

I could be wrong brother, but I believe that we are real close on what we believe what constitutes genuine salvation. if you can, and have a mind to, stick around - there are real fine folks on this Forum. Welcome.