View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 02:12 AM

Default The trumpet that speaks words

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Quoted fromFred
6. voices(plural) in heaven 6. with the voice(sing.) of archangel

Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Clearly the trumpets are voices or the sound of trumpets are called voices. Interesting to note is is a single trumpet and multiple voice

Samuel, numerology as you are describing as what some are doing with the Kabala and the De Vinci code, is not a biblical way of Study. stear clear of distractions as those of numerology and just simply study the Bible simply. it is its own dictionary and interpretation.
While I have to admit that Revelation 8:13 refers to the sound of the trumpet but not all voice/s of heaven refer to it. Examples, in Revelation 5:11-12, the voice and the loud voice is not a direct reference to the sound of the trumpet. In Revelation 6:9-10, the voice refer to here as the voice of them that were slain for the Word of God. In Revelation 7: 10-12, this loud voice came from the "...great multitude,which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and peoples, and tongues...", again this is not in reference to the sound of the trumpet. Now, in Revelation 15:15 there is a sound of the trumpet and there were also "voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord, and of his Christ, and he shall reign forever and ever". I don't think the voices that says here is synonymous to the sound of the trumpet.

Jude 25