View Single Post
Old 04-20-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Jerry View Post
Yeah, I went from the NIV (New International Version) to the NKJV (New King James Version), too! Thankfully, not much time was spent (wasted) reading it before switching to the pure BIBLE text of 1611.

I still have my original NIV and NKJV books and mark them up from time to time to highlight the changes.

But subtle changes like these found in the ESV (English Standard Version) are most troubling. Don’t these translators realize the mess they’re dumping in the path of the righteous?

With the merchandising of Bibles that’s going on these days (all those fancy stylistic and themed Bibles), it’s clear to me that there’s no respect for the Word of God. It’s just a game of translating old human writings…not God’s Word. The saddest part of all this are the people who shop for Bible versions like they’re shopping for a new pair of jeans (what color, what theme, what version, who’s endorsement).

But the will of God be done, he sees all and hears all.

(Note to Tony: I read your thread about those verses in Isiah...very interesting)
Jerry, I was rooting around over on the main site for this forum, in the verse comparisons, and Brandon uses this verse in Isaiah at the bottom. I thought I'd do a little version comparison, and the message was what I came up with. Surprisingly, and this is not an endorsment, but not as many of the corrupted versions corrupt this one, except of course the National Inquirer Version, the NIV and it's "scroll". My meager version collection has several more versions than I cite, I just don't cite them simply because no one uses them. Franklin Graham and Joni Ericson Tada endorse something called the "Evidence Bible" so I included it. If Cloud gets your feathers ruffled, you need to go to Wallaces blog/website, the guy from Dallas Theological Seminary, the author of the "NET" bible, yet annnnooooooother translation of Vaticanus.

My friend, I've given up on the "Protestants", the charasmatics, and the "evangelicals". If they are saved, or save anyone, it's in spite of themselves.

Brother Will Kenney and others in this forum have a massive amount of info on verse corruptions, I don't want to build on their foundations, I scout out some of the lesser known verse corruptions. I've noticed generally that in the last decade more people are becoming aware of the corruption of Daniel 3:25, and NO one, even Dr, Ruckman, comments on the corruption of Rev. 1:6(God and His Father versus His God and Father). The KJV translators were supposed to have violated the Granville Sharps "theory" of translation in this verse. Two problems: G-S is a THEORY, and G-S was not invented until the late 1700s if my memory is correct.

Get your concordance and run all the verses for the words "fraud" and "defraud" and see why I call the original manuscript frauds what I call them. Burn those verses into your heart. God is not slack in answering the cries of those defrauded.

Grace and peace to you Jerry, more on the way.

Tony