View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 12:42 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
I've decided to write an exposition on 1st Corinthians 12 - 14 and post it as a separate thread.

Quote: I'm curious why you won't interpret specific scripture, such as 1 Corinthians 14:20-22, especially since you are a Pastor.

I have to wonder if Pentecostals ignore scripture that isn't in line with their Pentecostal traditions.

Sounds incendiary to me. Also sounds a little bit like an attempt to be intimidating. Normally, I would end the discussion at that point, because I'm not interested in striving.
My intent was not at all to be incendiary, (I looked it up)! I truly wanted to know what your interpretation is on that verse. When there are differences, I get a little tired of the pat response, "well we just interpret scripture differently" This is not a satisfactory response. Just tell us how you interpret specific scripture, then we will know it just isn't being ignored.

A Pastor should be above reproach and should be willing to answer questions without taking offense. On this thread I don't see that you have given your interpretation on scripture, just experience. I ask you a question and not only do you not answer it, but you say I am just trying to start a fight? That's not true. If you hold yourself out as a Pastor, you will get more scrutiny in how you interpret scripture.

Quote:
1 Timothy 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
Quote:
2 Timothy 2:24-25 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
Quote:
James 3:1 My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.
by writing an exposition on 1st Corinthians 12 - 14, I'm hoping that you do mean expository. As in expository preaching, where each verse is dealt with. I will look forward to what your interpretation of 1 Cor 14:20-22 is, since the topic of tongues is summed up quite nicely there.