View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:01 AM

Dear Mr. Tony:
Thank you for your care and compassion. Not to worry, my brother-in-law operates and owns, partly, a funeral home in Wisconsin. It used to be only in his name, Tyborski Funeral Home, but, they merged with another partner.
About 30 years ago, I went with my brother in law to pick up a dead body from a house. The funeral home has been in the family for years, so, I"m not put off by morticians. They're some of the friendliest people I know!
She has no fracture, and no pressure on the brain, THANK YOU GOD!

Isn't it awful, how kids gang up on another kid, and beat on him/her?
Ganging up on someone, and beating on them, is a cowardly way to settle your differences.
You would think, too, that ADULTS would never gang up on someone, and try to tear them apart, but, I guess we are all at different levels of maturity, eh?
I find out more and more that there are a lot of adults who have not quite grown up.
Childhood bullies are really cowards. I'm sure you know that, but, it didn't make ya feel any better when you were a kid. Going through all that.
So, how long have you been a mortician? Tell me more.
I'm always interested in learning about other people's professions. What was the funniest thing that happened, and what was the scariest?
I dated a mortician while in high school, and the guys, when they had to spend the night in the funeral home, would play tricks on each other. It was hilarious, and a healthy way to let off tension.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybones2112 View Post
Sister, one thing you do NOT want to tell her is that my background in trauma medicine is from my work as a mortician. If there is any possible a way for a human to die, I've seen it. I am not a doctor though I had training as a paramedic but was unable to serve in that capacity because an auto accident of my own. But when I saw someone who had a concussion who went out the next day and washed their car or cleaned the house or pushed a truck out of the snow and ended up on my embalming table, it became clear to me a concussion is nothing to mess with. It's an injury to the brain, she needs to stay still and quiet and NOT worry, she'll recover from it FULLY. I was beaten more times than I care to remember by other children as a child, had several concussions and never even knew it. Dad had no money or insurance to take me to the ER everytime I was beaten. I've had two concussions from two auto accidents as an adult, and can tell you and her she'll be fine. I am guessing there was no fracture, even then she just needs to take it easy a few weeks and not exert herself and by God's grace she'll be back to normal soon.

Grace and peace to you

Tony