View Single Post
Old 02-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Forum Administrator

Interesting. Instead of responding to the question/challenge in that post, you post the link on another forum and then copy in their replies here -- none of which actually refute the information presented, of course.

You need to do two things: 1. Acknowledge that the Greek text that underlies the modern translations represents a significant abridgement of the true text of the NT, and 2., learn why certain verses have been attacked, revised, and deleted.

The Magic Marker Binge is just a primer and is conclusive proof that the differences between Bible verses is not just about what is "easier to read," which is what you were claiming in the other thread and why I referred you to it.

I believe that those willing to be corrected on this issue can be persuaded simply by comparing the KJV to modern versions, because God's word speaks plainly by itself and someone with discernment should be able to identify the counterfeit.

However, more information is available to you. To learn the history -- the why between the different lines of Bible texts and translations, you only need to read a couple of books on the subject. My top recommendations are here.