View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Brother George, I just wanted to say that, as a brand-spankin' new Christian, I started listening to TSA (Theological Seminar of the Air) in an effort to see what God thought of divorce, after having already read in the Bible the 'traditional' passages about adultery and abandonment.

Bro. Ruckman's work wasn't easy to swallow (I had been saved less than a month before!), but it made me realize that divorce was not an option in my life, and I submitted to God's will and reconciled with my spouse. Within a year, he got saved as well.

I think if someone is truly hungry for the truth, they will not let a few snarky comments keep them from learning.
Praise the Lord! How exciting. This is something we Conservative Mennonite are very strict about. Some people have claimed we are legalistic because of our stance on divorce and remarriage, but our stance is that of strict adherence to what the Word of God says. Sometimes this isn't easy to hear/read, but it is good. It isn't always easy to hear the truth about remarriage/adultery, especially when there are children involved. However, God's will is good, and we can always find peace in obedience to His Word. It may not happen right away, and sometimes seems contrary to what we think is right, but experience shows us that when we do obey His commandments/Word we will find peace. I'm am so happy that your marriage is working again. Praise King Jesus!

Peace and Love,
Stephen