View Single Post
Old 04-29-2008, 09:52 PM
pshdsa

You brethren are very silly. The King James Bible is the Word of God. So are the Spanish Bibles, the Russian Bibles, the Chinese Bibles, the modern Bibles, the traditional Bibles, the Geneva Bible, the Septuagent. Now no one insists that the Septuagent is a perfect translation of the Jewish Old Testament into Greek, but it was the Word of God for a long long time. In modern times the Geneva Bible was the odds on favorite of the people. Then the King James supplanted that. Now modern Bibles based on the questionable critical text are easier to read. Yet they are all the Word of God and God uses all the versions to convict, bring to repentance, and give us desires to submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ, which is true faith in Him. And God desires all men to be saved (1Tim 2:4)
and He uses all the versions to get the job done by his servants who do not spend their time arguing which version is the best. Instead they are on their knees praying for a Church that needs repentance and a world that needs saving. I want people to read the version they find easy to read so they can be saved. So as the Lord sends me into the streets of my town, I make it simple for them. My Spanish Gospels of John are the NVI, and the English are the New King James. Privately I prefer the King James but I never grieve the Spirit by making an issue of it. Heck, the Word of God is so intricate and clever, that you can even lead someone to Christ with a Jehovah Witness Bible. But oh how I pray for revival in our churches. The fire is gone. And oh how the Spirit desires to save people. Leave off of these wranglings and get out in the street and carry your cross following our Lord.