Thread: Deuteronomy
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2008, 09:55 AM
lei-kjvonly

Hey jerry I searched out the different abominations that God had in the OT. I believe they all exist except one. The food diet that was set up for the Jews. Now you can say that this was meant only for the Jews, but in Duet. 22:5 He is also only speaking to the Jews on what to do and not do.

Lev 11:13 And these are they which ye shall have in abomination among the fowls; they shall not be eaten, they are an abomination: the eagle, and the ossifrage, and the osprey,
Lev 11:14 And the vulture, and the kite after his kind;
Lev 11:15 Every raven after his kind;
Lev 11:16 And the owl, and the night hawk, and the cuckoo, and the hawk after his kind,
Lev 11:17 And the little owl, and the cormorant, and the great owl,
Lev 11:18 And the swan, and the pelican, and the gier-eagle,
Lev 11:19 And the stork, the heron after her kind, and the lapwing, and the bat.
Lev 11:20 All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you.

Now in Acts 10 we see that God gave Peter meat to eat that was considered unclean because it says all manner of the fowls of the air. That includes the unlcean as well as the clean. I believe this was one of God's ways where he started showing Peter that we are no longer under the law. The food diet was a moral or principle to God in the OT, but I believe He has changed His viewpoint on it.

Act 10:11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
Act 10:12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
Act 10:13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
Act 10:14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
Act 10:15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

We all eat fish today, does that mean we are all abominable towards the Lord according to the following passage?

Lev 11:10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
Lev 11:11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcasses in abomination.
Lev 11:12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

My question is if in these abominations God changed His viewpoint, then did He change His viewpoint of a woman wearing a man's clothing as an abomination, because He included this abomination with all the other morals and principles that they didn't do back in the day, but we have accepted them today?