View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 08:32 AM

Quote:
For now, I am left with the option of rejecting Christian scholarship and believing that the King James Bible I hold is perfect and without error. It is a matter of faith because the education establishment definitely sees things different.
This is my stand as well Matthew. I am no scholar, and I could never argue with Bible correctors and deniers on this plane. And honestly, I do not try to prove the Bible to them. I have God's Word, why should I be on the defensive?

But I believe the scriptures can only be understood spirtually.

1 Cor 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I believe the King James Bible to be the infallible Word of God because I believe God's many promises to preserve His Word. Perhaps this is wrong, but I do not worry much about scholarship. I simply read the Bible and ask God to give me wisdom, understanding, and discernment of his scriptures.

Those who try to understand the Bible without first placing their trust in Jesus and the Bible will never understand it. It cannot not be understood by the natural man.