View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 06:22 PM

I think there are several reasons the media tries to terrify the public like this. A few years back they used to call it an "epidemic". I think people got used to the word and it did not frighten them much anymore, so a few years ago they started saying PANDEMIC.

One reason is easy, money.

1 Tim 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

Every year people spend billions of dollars on flu shots because the media terrifies them. What most people don't know it that most flu vaccines are made from the 3 most likely strains (how they figure this out I don't know) to appear. If you happen to come down with one of these strains, then the vaccine will probably indeed help you. If you come down with any of the many hundreds of other strains, the vaccine will not help, and may in fact make matters worse.

The current strain going around is not in the current vaccine, so if you rush out and get a shot, it will not protect you from this strain at all.

And they always say you cannot get sick from a vaccination, but I know of many people who say otherwise. A fellow I work with got the flu shot a few years back. He said he was feeling perfectly fine and healthy when he got the shot, but within hours got terribly ill. He said it was the sickest he's ever been in his life, and he will NEVER get another flu shot again. And when I was a boy I witnessed my father get a vaccination and get terribly sick within a few short hours. I will never forget, he was literally in convulsions. So I have to admit, I am biased against these shots since my youth.

But as Chette mentioned, I also think this is a open door for the government to quarantine people, or declare martial law. I almost believe it is preparing people's minds to accept the government rounding up people who might present a threat or danger to society. Of course, it is the government who determines what this threat or danger is.

The flu has been around forever and always will be. The best thing you can do is wash your hands, eat a good healthy diet and get a good night's sleep. Then your body will have strength to fight it off, and even if you get it you will recover more quickly.

Last edited by Winman; 04-28-2009 at 06:36 PM.