View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
I have read this section of holy Scripture, many times, and have wondered if I am right, in my conclusions.
I won't say what those are, because I don't want to sway anyone, but I would like to hear your thoughts on this. What is Jesus telling us?

22: Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
23: Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised
24: And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
25: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
26: For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27: But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
28: He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
29: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
30: For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
31: It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Sister, that is the intellectual contention between me specifically with most of the members of this forum in the water baptism thread and dispensationalists thread: Genesis through Acts 28 are Time Past, The Things Written Aforetime. Church Doctrine for today is through Paul, Romans through Philemon. Hebrews through Revelation is Tribulation doctrine.

You have to have a foundation to begin from: The Church, the Body of Christ is primarily and overwhelmingly Gentiles(non-Jews). The only hope Gentiles had before Paul was through Israel rising and being exalted. They fell in Acts 7, Paul was called to be the apostle to the Gentiles. Christ revealed to Paul a mystery not made known in ages past: Jew and Gentile would be equal in one Body due to Israel's fall. In Galatians 2 he made it clear that Peter James and John would preach the kingdom gospel to the Jews, Paul would preach the message of grace apart from the works of the law through Christ's blood to everyone. Paul was a wise masterbuilder who was custodian of 3 dispensations: from Law to Grace, through the Grace age NOW, and into the beginning of the Tribulation from Grace back to the kingdom of heaven message for AGES TO COME.

Ephesians 2 tells of how we Gentiles were without hope in TIMES PAST, BUT NOW, the middle wall of partition has been broken down by Christ's blood and we who were afar of are now made nigh(equal) by the blood of Christ and the glory that will be revealed in us in AGES TO COME. Paul rightly divides the Bible into 3 ages: Times Past, But Now, Ages To Come. God's dealings with man are in three parts:

Genesis-Acts 28 To the Jew First-Gentiles can only be accepted if they bless Israel and convert to Judaism.
Romans-Philemon Salvation by grace apart from the works of the Law is open to both Jew and Gentile equally.
Hebrews-Revelation To the Jew First again, God returns to dealing strictly with Israel, Gentiles must enter in through Israel again.

Ephesians 3 teaches us the mystery, the Body, where now Jew and Gentile are equal, and this message was given only to Paul and no one else.

Sister, you have to rightly divide the Scriptures as Paul tells you, otherwise you will:

1. Not know who you are in Christ.
2. Where you are going.

And you will have no assurance of either.

Grace and peace to you and I know that is confusing. Read Ephesians 2 and 3, read Galatians 2 and the contention between Paul and Peter and how the matter was settled. Read Romans through Philemon and find out who you are TODAY, then read what He did in TIMES PAST and what He will do, with us beside Him, in AGES TO COME.

Thank God for His grace, thank God that since 1611 we are the only members of the Body to have a complete Bible, all in one place, and you can go to a thrift shop or Dollar Store and find one. Nowhere at no time on earth has a complete and incorruptable, given by inspiration copy of "the book of the Lord", in the millions, been available. You have all the counsel of God in your hands. Study it to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth, the word of grace, the word of God.

Tony