View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
I will take small sections for discussion:
What word is the last word spoken by the spirit and not by Eliphaz? That is, where does the spirit stop speaking and Eliphaz begin speaking his own words?

Aloha brother Tim,

Can you not see the distinction between being "factually correct" about issues and having "faulty judgment"?

I repeat: If Eliphaz words are "suspect", then everything that Bildad, Zophar, Elihu and Job said, is "suspect". And yet I produced dozens of verses that are certainly NOT "SUSPECT", but are clearly the "truth". (Truth that most Christians today are unaware of!)

As Bible believers, it is possible for us to know all of the "Fundamentals" and still have "faulty judgment". I know some brothers on this Island who profess to believe exactly what I believe about the King James Bible and who are "factually correct" when it comes to the list of major doctrines that I posted elsewhere on this Forum, and yet they believe:
Quote:
"that the one and only head and shepherd of the local church is the God-called and Spirit-filled pastor, just as Jesus Christ is the Head and Chief Shepherd over the entire church;" - (Bible Believers Baptist Church Constitution and By-Laws)
If I went through every single major doctrine (that I listed elsewhere on this Forum), with these brethren, we would be in agreement on every single one of them (they are "factually correct" when it comes to doctrine), but they are clearly wrong when it comes to the power and authority of a pastor ("faulty judgment").

We are commanded to "rightly divide the word of truth", which means we are not take a "broad brush" to the words of God. We must be "specific" when charges are made or else we will miss out on the truth that God has for us in His Holy word.

What of King Solomon - the "wisest" man who ever lived (the Lord Jesus Christ being the only exception)? He wrote most of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes. Are we to "suspect" his words because of his "faulty judgment"?

Solomon once wrote some of the most profound words in the Bible (which no one has ever kept - the Lord Jesus Christ being the only exception):
Quote:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Solomon had so much sound and "factually correct" knowledge, discernment, understanding, and wisdom, and yet near the end of his life he "apostatized" - because of "faulty judgment", not "faulty facts".

1 Kings 11:3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
9 And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.
11 Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.

Solomon ignored the very words that he had written in Proverbs 4:23! When it came to idolatry Solomon exercised "faulty judgment" (in spite of being "factually correct" in his writings and pronouncements), are you going to "suspect" anything that he said in Proverbs and Ecclesiastes?

{I will answer your comments and objections later.}