View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 08:56 AM

George, I will just use a couple of your statements for now. Time permitting, I will review the rest. You said: (underlining mine)
Quote:
Please review the verses above and meditate on how many of those verses, or the principles and precepts put forth, are repeated by several writers of both the Old Testament and the New Testament. How do you decide which statements, principles, and precepts are true and which ones are "suspect"? Or are we supposed to "suspect" any of them - I trow not!
Regarding the first underline:

I previously said:
"I am only saying that the words of Eliphaz are suspect. If he stated a truth in the verse you quoted, then there should be another location in the Scriptures where the truth is repeated."

You appear to agree somewhat with my concern about collaboration. I was not using this policy across the board in Bible interpretation ("study"). I was applying it only to these three men that God criticized. (P.S. God vindicates Job in this passage. Elihu is ignored by everyone.)

If Eliphaz had "not spoken of me the thing that is right",
then based on your criterion for judgment:
Quote:
The principle that: 'a man is not 'guilty, until 'proven' guilty', should be a principle that all Bible believers should abide by.
Eliphaz is guilty as charged.

Regarding second underlining:
You have seen yourself (you quoted the verse) that some of the words of Eliphaz are suspect(not trustworthy-in fact, false!). Therefore the last underlined declaration is wrong.