View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
Why? I've watched lots of his sermons and I don't understand where this hostility towards him stems from. What does he preach that you all seem to dislike so much? Is it his midtrib stuff? Seriously, I've never heard him say a single thing about dispensationalism at all. Now I've only seen maybe 1/8th of his sermons on youtube, but I doubt he preaches this stuff at his church. Is it his stance on easy believism? He believes in repentance, he just doesn't like people telling others you have to stop sinning in order to be saved. Is that wrong? So, PLEASE instead of these little unfounded jabs against the man, can we get something solid on him that you all don't like?
A simple glance at the men he so arrogantly dismisses on his "Repentance Blacklist" will go far toward explaining my antipathy. He has no respect for men who have spent their lives laboring in the field, unless they use precisely the terminology he prefers; he rejects dispensational truth, which means, by definition, that he teaches error; and, in my opinion, he has a positive zeal for self-promotion. (I will acknowledge that I may be mistaken in the latter case; I'm merely stating my impressions.) These, dear brother, are not "unfounded jabs." I'm not on a crusade against the man; I merely answered a question.

And I've been around the track long enough to recognize youthful arrogance when I see it. But, if Anderson's heart is right - - - and charity suggests that I must assume so - - - then God will straighten out his immaturity. I sincerely hope that He does it gently.