Thread: "Which" series
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:43 AM

Default Which "Grace"?

Noah's "Grace": Age of Conscience

Gen 6:8
8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
KJV

1. Noah "found" grace by being "a just man and perfect in his generations", and having "walked with God" (works).
2. Noah "found" grace; but grace didn't seek for him while he was yet a sinner (cf. Tit. 2:11; Rom. 5:8).

Peter's "Grace": End of the Tribulation Period, at the Second Coming
1 Peter 1:10-13
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.
13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

1. Was seen by OT prophets (1 Pet. 1:10,12)
2. Preached by eyewitnesses of Christ's earthly ministry (1 Pet. 1:12)
3. Will come and be brought at the Second Coming of Christ (1 Pet. 1:10,13)
4. Will be brought primarily to Israel ("you", 1 Pet. 1:13)
5. Requires works and hoping to the end

----
Paul's "GRACE": Now in the Age of Grace
Eph 3:2-5
2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to youward:
3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Titus 2:11
11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

Eph 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Rom 11:6
6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
KJV

1. Was unseen by the OT prophets (Eph. 3:5)
2. Was not preached by anyone before Paul (Eph. 3:2,3)
3. Is now revealed to church apostles and prophets (Eph. 3:5)
4. Has appeared to all men (Tit. 2:11)
5. Requires no works