View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Honestly, I wouldn't put finding a church as a huge priority.
Jassy, I have to disagree with you here, not by opinion, but by mandate. Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." The assembling is the church. The numbers are not required, and neither is complete agreement. Consider the third letter of John. There was a church with an obviously ungodly influential member (possibly even an elder), Diotrephes. Yet John did not encourage Gaius to separate from the church, though correction of the problem was needed and planned.
Quote:
3 John 1:9-10 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
Yes, it is important to stand strong on your convictions, and not associate with those who reject them, but to avoid church altogether is not spiritually healthy. If no church in your area can meet with enough of your doctrine to be suitable, then move or start a church with like-minded believers.