View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 03:42 PM

Although the scriptures below applies to our relationship to fellow brethren it could also be applied to: "confessing your sins".

John 13:5 After that he poureth water into a bason, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

John 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?

John 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

John 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

John 13:9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

John 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

When I was a child I remember in the summer when the days were long we had an outside bath house. We bathe early but were allowed to play and stay outside a little longer, when we entered the house for the night we washed our feet in a bucket of water provided for this purpose at the front porch. We were clean except for our feet.

This is the story of our life, even after we are washed in the blood, we dirty our feet in this world. Our feet just get dirtier and dirtier until we wash them, A very simple way to look at it. But I try not to confuse my life with dollar words or even fifty cent words.

Perhaps by now MY Lord has hardened your friend's heart and stiffened his neck. Perhaps the Only way God can deal with him is to have him "outside" of the fold so He can chastise him. Some times when:

2 Peter 2:22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

It is oft in our deepest need that we remember God. He has been warned and admonished, and perhaps even rebuked by the church. Our duty now is to pray earnestly for him that the light of scripture may shed light on his decietful heart (all our hearts are decietful) and he may once more know the joy of His salvation.

In Christ Love,
Renee