View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 10:40 AM

I like what Kiwi said also

Quote:
There is more than one "sea" on this earth, I think you'll find that the "sea" in Rev 21:1 is a reference to the huge body of water above the firmament which is "frozen" in Job 38:30-31, this sea is "the deep" of Genesis 1:2.
I have often wondered about these waters above the firmament.

Gen 1:6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters. 7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so. 8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. 9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

So, as Kiwi said, perhaps this "sea" or waters above the firmament will no longer exist. I gotta tell you, as a fellow that grew up on the beach in Florida who used to surf, I am hoping the seas will still be here. I don't know if we'll be allowed to do things like surfing in heaven, but I sure hope so.

We do know there is water in heaven

Rev 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.