View Single Post
Old 03-14-2009, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
I'm not so sure that the new earth with be an exact duplicate geographically of this present one, I don't think the scripture necessitates it. Can you please post the verses you have in mind about this eternal land grant brother Tony?

The lake of fire will not be burning until after the existing elements burn up and the great white throne judgment takes place, so technically it doesn't even exist yet!
Revelation says that there shall be no more sea(that big one that borders North Africa, western Asia, and southern Europe I have trouble spelling, lol) yet the location of the Land Of Promise remains constant. Matt, I'd say, if the lake does not burn during the Millenium, then the REAL "Big Bang" of Peter is the ignition point, that you just pointed out to us!!! I believe many locations and mysteries from the Bible are found in it and can easily be pointed out on earth. Just a little excercise in study, I think the Dead Sea is/will be the lake of fire. for one thing, it is the evil "dead" who will roast in it. For what purpose is the, as far as algae and aquatic life, a totally "dead" body of water bordering the Land Of Promise?

The eternal land grant to Abraham is found in Genisis 17:1-8.

1 ¶ And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.
2 And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.
3 And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying,
4 ¶ As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations.
5 Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
7 ¶ And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.
8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Grace and peace brother.

Tony