View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
It's both. Jack Black is a fat slob, like John Belushi was. And so using his appearance is another way of poking fun at Jesus.

Well, America's got Jack Black, and the U.K. has Monty Python. Just for Christmas, they're releasing a special boxed set of their three comedy movies ("Monty Python's Life of Brian" and two others), and do you know what they're calling the set?

"Monty Python's Holy Trinity."

These are funny guys. Witty guys. They'll find out what laughter is all about:

Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof (Pro. 1:24-30).
Yep, they sure will find out:

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him. (Jude 1:14-15 KJV)

For Jesus' sake,
Stephen