View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 05:02 PM

Default More Study Needed

Quote:
illusionznc
I have studied and researched what bible version to trust for quite some time now. What I have discovered is nothing more that confusion on top of more confusion. No matter how much I search, or how close I think I am to the truth, there is always something present to contradict what is there. I had thought the 1611 king james bible would be the one, however, it contains the "Apocrypha" which is not considered to be devinely inspired, and even considered evil by some due to the referencing of being able to pay your way out of sin:

"Ecclesiasticus 3:30, Water will quench a flaming fire, and alms maketh atonement for sin.

Tobit 12:8-9, 17, It is better to give alms than to lay up gold; for alms doth deliver from death, and shall purge away all sin."

I dont believe the "Apocrypha" was ever in the original manuscripts, because the apocryphal books were never acknowledged as sacred scriptures by the Jews, custodians of the Hebrew scriptures (the apocrypha was written prior to the New Testament). In fact, the Jewish people rejected and destroyed the apocrypha after the overthow of Jerusalem in 70 A.D.
Hi ilusionznc,
The Apocrypha is not scriptures even to the 1611 Translators, but the Apocrypha was considered of much Christian worth for extra reading in those days, also the pressure being from a background of the Catholic past and mindset playing a roll there as well.
Quote:
To make this as short as I can, somewhere, one king james version contains the truth. But the battle for which one is the question I feel we may never have the answer. The reason for this is, anytime you find data, history, or even professed experts on theology, there is always others of equal stature and/or historical value proving otherwise. It is even found in this forum by the disagreement on which version is the best. Time and evil has corrupted many things to include Gods Holy Word & my search for the truth will be everlasting until the end of my time.
The definitive King James Bible is the God honouring, Pure Cambridge Edition.
Eventually all King James Bible folk will come aboard.
Once this move of unity happens, as it must, if God is to get the glory; Once this move of unity happens, much good will come, as the word goes out in the power of the Holy Ghost and the Christian is gladly being obedient to the call of God upon his or her life.
PeterAV
Every word of God is pure: