View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody1611 View Post

Numbers 12:1 "And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman."

When Miriam spoke against Moses because of his marriage with a black woman God smote her with leprosy. So if God aloud interracial marriage then, why would He change?
Just because someone is called an Ethiopian doesn't mean they are black. In the margin, the word Cushite is referred here, and commentators argue whether they are really referring to Zipporah. I have a neighbor who is African, but he is white. As far as the leprosy, God smote them because of their selfish ambition, not because of their speaking against Moses' "black woman".

Customs in Bible times included the family approval of a spouse [if I had to marry my brothers wife if he died, I'd better make sure of what he's doing!!]I would just say about intermarrying, what would your Grandma and Grandpa say about it-- The Bible does say, seek peace and pursue it [seek peace for your family and projected children as well]--I already know that saying anything about this subject can be like lighting a fire in a dry woods with a breeze blowing, so that's all I'll say.

God bless, Scott