View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 09:12 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
Scott,

2 Timothy 4:2
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine

Let me make it quite clear that I am not judging you, I think that you are focusing more on questions that are far from where you should be starting when it comes to understanding fundamental doctrines and truth's.
I have never thought on the topic you brought up with this post, and I most certainly wont wade in when I have no opinion formed on the subject. I have prayed that God will show me in HIS time, so it is left there. Brother, I suggest you do the same.

You quoted
"Judge anyway you want, I would just like anyone to anwser why. Nearly 400 years and all the doctrines that men have, you would think someone would a lest a opinion to toss around."
The underlined is your problem, you are focused on doctrines of men. If an opinion has not been formed on the subject in 400 years then its almost certainly not going to be established in the space of a post.

Hebrews 13:9
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Romans 8:24-16
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered
Thanks for your input