View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
Hello, Brother George and others....Ok, I am going to explain why it might be a big deal to Scott and others. [and put myself in position for some charitable scathing criticism as well] I myself have actually waited to see if this issue would ever come up....I am KJVO, I have convictions why I am, but I am one of those who cannot be dogmatic about terms such as "word perfect" and "letter perfect" about any translation....Here's an illustration why there is a problem: back in the 80's our old buddy Jimmy Swaggert began teaching [and selling tapes] that, well, I'll quote him: "You've received the Holy Spirit, but you HAVEN'T received the Holy Ghost" [don't know how many of these messages he sold, but, knowing what happened to him, it must have been interesting to say the least].....Now I'm all for what Brother Vendetta said, I agree 100%, he nailed it on the head, but if I want to be "all in" for word perfect and letter perfect, would I not also have to agree with Jimmy Swaggert ?. [which is madness]...Holy Ghost is Holy Spirit, but [am I not seeing something correctly] Ghost and Spirit are not the same word obviously....so, reiterating, there isn't an issue unless one uses terms like word perfect and letter perfect [and maybe I am not understanding these terms, so please forgive me if I'm not].....God bless....Scott

I just can not believe what I am reading from you guys, if I spent 50 years read the Bible and never wonder about the difference was between the holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost, I would have to say I was blind and was missing something. But never was one was so blind that said they see.
I guess the Holy Ghost is no big deal to ye, that this is not an issue. All perversion version change Holy Ghost to Holy Spirit, o well I guess they got that one right, like they say even a blind dog finds a bone once in awhile.