Thread: "Which" series
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 09:21 AM

Default Which "Salvation"?

Peter: SALVATION is in Jerusalem at the end of the Tribulation period

1 Peter 1:5-10
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10 Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
KJV

I believe, Peter here could not be writing to the church nor writing about the doctrines of grace to the church. Not only that he is one of the twelve apostles to the twelve tribes of Israel, he was talking of:

1. Salvation to be revealed in the "last time" (at the Second Coming)
2. Salvation of souls at "the end"
3. Salvation which the OT prophets have already known

Acts 2:16-21
16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:
18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

KJV

Peter preached of the "salvation" that which was spoken by the prophet Joel:

Joel 2:28-32
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.
31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.
32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

KJV

The "salvation" Peter preached (Acts 2) and wrote (1 Peter 1) is that which was spoken by Joel -- the "deliverance" in Mt.Zion and In Jerusalem at the end of the Tribulation period, at the Second Coming of Christ. This salvation requires some holding on to the end and it deals primarily with Israel.

-----------

Paul: Salvation is ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, in the Age of Grace

Eph 1:13
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

This salvation is said to be "your salvation" in contrast to that which is not "your salvation" (that is, salvation in other dispensations).

Rom 10:8-13
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
KJV

Salvation in the Age of Grace is "nigh thee", not in Mt. Zion nor in Jerusalem; and it is to "whosoever" (no priority to Jews), for there is "no difference".

Eph 2:8
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

2 Cor 6:2
2(For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)

The "salvation" spoken of Paul requires only faith and no holding on to the end. It is already received by believers NOW (Age of Grace).