View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 08:09 AM
fundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanie_1982 View Post
I agree. Just look at what God almighty has set up for us. He knows how we will each fall in our daily lives, but He still allows us to have free will to do all of the falling that is required to understand that all will fall short of the glory of the Lord. But through His Son we still have hold on the chance to one day pass over into that glorious place called Heaven. Look at the fact that he knew that Satan would tempt man and man would eat from the Tree of Life. Still he put that tree into the Garden of Eden, and allowed us to become a fallen race of people. He has placed everything (words, people, weather) into the places that he ordains and sees necessary. It is not for us to understand, only for us to accept. The thing I wonder about is that Jesus said

"..And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part..."

what do you think he meant with the use of these words?
Forgive me if I am off the mark here in the point that you are trying to make, but you cannot use this verse as an instruction to ignore obvious error.

In this instance, it is the Apostles who are in error in rebuking a man that was perfoming miracles and casting out devils in a manner that Jesus approved of...he was not going around contradicting and correcting the inspired word of God, and as what was written in an earlier post, in essence asking the question, "yea, hath God said?"

fundy