View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 07:23 PM
MDOC

No, man, you can get saved from a used newspaper edition of God's Word... if there is one. Read carefully Philippians 1:
Php 1:15-18
(15) Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
(16) The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
(17) But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
(18) What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

And yes, it's from the KJV, not NKJV.

However, a smart guy is going to compare scripture against scripture, both within the KJV *and* with other Bible versions, selected versions, of course. People should do enough UNBIASED research to answer the question: Which Bible? and then use that version as your MAIN Bible, even when comparing with other versions for fetching other ways of looking at a KJV reference. Nothing wrong with it. If you DON'T do this research, you will end up confused about "which version?" until you do.