View Single Post
Old 05-17-2008, 01:56 PM
Connie

Quote:
The KJV already is "the language of the people." Unless you mean conversational language -- that it is not, and never was. Even when it was first translated, the KJV retained "archaisms" because it is Biblical English, not conversational English.
Please give Biblical support for this idea that is so common here. The New Testament was written in "koine" Greek, or vulgar Greek, the Greek of the people and not of the scholars and philosophers. There is no such thing as Biblical English or at least there is no Biblical support for such an idea, although I would grant that such an idea is defensible as guided by the Holy Spirit. I am not advocating getting rid of all the archaisms because I think they contribute to the meaning and the spiritual impact of the KJB. But there is no BIBLICAL support for your point of view on this, or mine.

Christians have the Holy Spirit, and that is how we are to judge things that do not have direct Biblical support and THAT in itself is a Biblical position and it's the one I have been taking in my posts above.

Last edited by Connie; 05-17-2008 at 02:04 PM.