View Single Post
Old 05-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Yeah, sure, I'm trusting in my own judgment about this stuff, but so is everybody.
Then, how can such a person be claiming to be Spirit-led? The Spirit of God is not subjective, nor is He merely someone's intuition.

It is certainly true that there needs to be a final form of the King James Bible, but it is by receiving from tradition, that is, what has been afforded to us by the providence of God, rather than looking to yet raise up another “standard”.

It is clear that the Spirit of God is not leading toward creating yet another update to the King James Bible. Rather, it is that people must take up what is, and read. They must turn back to the old paths, restore themselves to the present foundation, “All ye inhabitants of the world, and dwellers on the earth, see ye, when he lifteth up an ensign on the mountains; and when he bloweth a trumpet, hear ye.” (Isaiah 18:3).

It is propaganda of the enemy that English words are being lost, or that meanings have altered so much as if the Spirit of God cannot teach people what words ending in “-eth” mean. Such usage should be retained because it is both accurate and God-honoured. No Bible English words or meanings are actually lost anyway.

Now, I am well aware of the idea that some have about how God should do new things, or that people must progress forward, but this never means forsaking the foundation, nor does it mean going into the “spirit” to the abandonment of the Word. Such feeling-oriented “Christianity” is not leading into the truth. The true power of the Spirit is to have the Word and to show forth, by the Church, the things of the Word.