View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
Dr. Cloud, along with Dr. Waite and others, believe that the King James Bible is the only acceptable English Bible, not because they believe the Book itself has authority, but that it derives its authority from (in Cloud's case) the Textus Receptus, and in Waite's case, the "Divine Originals."

I've refrained from getting involved because of past disagreements with those that hold strongly with him and his teachings; on the last board I got banned from (last in a long line ), many of the people firmly believed basically everything the man wrote and said, so it was difficult to have a truly Biblical discussion since they always posted stupid links to his articles or outright pasted them, which is verboten in the header on every page of his site. Basically Bro. Cloud seems to suffer from a touch of arrogance, as he, like others on the aforementioned board, tend to feel like they have all the doctrine laid out and settled, and as such refuse to contemplate the possibility that they are wrong on something. Whether it's his obsession with the attire of women (why's he looking in the first place?!?) or his insistence that the King James is simply an "edition of the TR," he seems to simply refuse to entertain the concept that he could be wrong. Add that to the fact that he outright lies about Dr. Ruckman, and goes out of his way to slander him, as well as takes Doc's words out of context to further discredit him, and you can see why I don't put much stock in what he says, though I don't go out of my way to attack him.
Yeah, I'm not fond of what I've read on his page in regards to Ruckman. Like I said previously Ruckman isn't immune to character defaults, but I don't agree with bearing false witness against any of the brethren, and if Cloud does this it is unacceptable.

I'm going to hold off on commenting on this "why's he looking in the first place?!?"....

Peace and Love,
Stephen

Last edited by stephanos; 12-03-2008 at 03:25 PM.