Thread: Gap Theory
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh View Post
Amen Brother Forrest! Many Gap supporters like to use Jeremiah 4:23-28 as a descriptive of something that happened between Genesis 1:1 & 1:2.

Jeremaih 4:23-28, I beheld the earth, and, lo, [it was] without form, and void; and the heavens, and they [had] no light. I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly. I beheld, and, lo, [there was] no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled. I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place [was] a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, [and] by his fierce anger. For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end. For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken [it], I have purposed [it], and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

It's evident, however(to me at least), that these verses are a vision of Jeremiah of the coming judgement of the Lord on Israel, which was so severe as to be likened to the state of the earth just after creation. Verses 29-31 make this very clear.

Jeremiah 4:29-31, The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city [shall be] forsaken, and not a man dwell therein. And [when] thou [art] spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; [thy] lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life. For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, [and] the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, [that] bewaileth herself, [that] spreadeth her hands, [saying], Woe [is] me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

In Christ,
Josh
Quote:
It's evident, however(to me at least), that these verses are a vision of Jeremiah of the coming judgement of the Lord on Israel, which was so severe as to be likened to the state of the earth just after creation. Verses 29-31 make this very clear.
I agree with you. Not to mention the fact that "...all the birds of the heavens were fled...the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities...land shall be desolate [the words "shall be" are future tense denoting something already existed] yet will I not make a full end.