View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
only men are recorded in the Noah's genealogy. so you are assuming they all came from Seth.
I am assuming that all the men listed in Genesis five, all the way to Noah and his three sons are all descendants of Seth, yes. I believe the Bible clearly indicates this.

Quote:
and to say the daughter all came from seth is to read intot he text your bias-ness so what you are saying is It is ok for you to "read into the text" but for others they need to be careful
If I resort to conjecture, I will always indicate that it is my opinion, as I did relative to the daughters-in-law of Noah. Again, I base that on the chronology of chapters five and six.

Quote:
Seth did not have a godly line. 99.9 percent of them died in the flood. so much for godly line theory.
Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
I believe this clearly indicates that a godly seed was indeed preserved in the lineage of Seth,

Quote:
again it is ok for you to argue from silence but everyone else it is wrong.
Not at all; it is a weak argument regardless who resorts to using it. It is certainly your prerogative to assume that I did this myself. You'll have to pardon me if I disagree with you.