View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
George,

Can you explain the difference between the New Covenant found only 4 times in the Bible once in the OT and thrice in Hebrews only. And "New Testament" found only in the NT three times in the Gospel books and twice in Paul's writings and once in Hebrews.

What is the difference between a covenant and a testament? Newer translations change new testament to new covenant.

Great Study on Biblical dispensations
Brother Chette,

I noticed your question to brother George. I hope I am not interrupting here, but regarding these differences between New Covenant and New Testament, there is something that I have noticed.

KJV: Matthew 26:28 - "For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins."

Now if you look at this same scripture, in the corrupt New International Version (NIV), it reads: "This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins."

The NIV leaves out "new testament." The NIV doesn't even call it a new covenant.

Covenant means "an agreement between two or more parties." Testament means "a will to go into force after death." Jesus died on the cross of Calvary for our sins. So it is a testament, going into force AFTER His death!

I hope this brief post is helpful. (And maybe brother George will be correcting me; I am always open to learning the truth.)

Jassy