View Single Post
Old 06-08-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
TBones,
you can actually divide the one book of Romans into the the same divisions plus more. not in the same order as you have divided Paul's letters. Remember we are not commanded to rightly divide Paul but the Word of Truth so that would be the whole Scripture.

If all we had was the Book of Romans we would have enough to live the correct Christian life.
Chette, I'm confused. If we are not "commanded" to rightly divide Paul why then "rightly divide" the book of Romans? We can find doctrine in Philemon, we can find reproof in Romans, we can find correction in I Thes. and we can find instruction in righteousness in I Cor. There is a doctrinal application for every verse of Scripture in the Bible, we can find the doctrine of God having Blood in Acts 20:28, we can find as I pointed out to Will Kenney the clear teaching the earth is round in Luke 17 when the unbelieving world was saying it was flat, we find the similitude of all personal witnessing in Acts 17 with Paul's experience on Mars Hill. Noah said, be righteous, turn from your unrighteousness, get on the boat someone else is built and be saved from the wrath of God. God says today, believe the gospel of Christ crucified and get into Christ and be saved from the wrath of hell that you deserve yet I paid for. "Five" fundamentals? Brother, there are thousands. Not all of them apply to us today though and are there for our learning and admonition.

Of course we can rightly divide Paul, he is "all Scripture" as much as any other, because nowhere in Scripture are you going to find out
Who
You
Are
In
Christ
but in Paul.

Grace and peace brother

Tony