View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 03:56 PM

Chette

I do not understand what you are doing with this thread. Are you trying to teach us sound doctrine?

Not to be mean, but who are you to tell us what sound doctrine is? There have been a few threads posted lately as the "The Non-Evolutionary Gap Theory" and "The Body or Bride" thread where clearly some of us disagree with your interpretation of some scriptures.

And this does not mean you are necessarily wrong. Perhaps you are correct at times and we are wrong. But that is not your place to call. We all have the Holy Spirit just like you. And it is the Holy Spirit's job to lead us into truth.

1 John:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Personally, I believe you are 100% wrong on the Gap Theory. On the other hand, your views on the Body or Bride thread is better and you have many scriptures to support your view. I do not know if I agree with you yet, I am still looking at the scriptures. But your argument was far more persuasive as you had some scriptures that just might support your interpretation.

And this is all any of us can do. We can simply present our case from the scriptures and let God's Word speak to each of us personally.

Now, I'm not saying we should all just have our own interpretation of the scriptures. I know that is not correct, and that we are supposed to diligently study and rightly divide the word.

But truth is, none of us understands the Bible 100%. Many godly men have studied the scriptures for hundreds of years and disagree on many points.

I noticed you quoted Bro. Parrish several times in your thread. Are his opinions which differ from yours the motive for this thread?