Thread: Keepers at Home
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Keeper at home means keeper at home.
Well, what does "keeper at home" mean exactly? I've heard different people define what this means.

Oxford defines "keeper" as - 1 a person who manages or looks after something or someone. 3 an object which protects or secures another.

If one is defining "keeper" as a "stayer" then any time she leaves the home she is blaspheming God's Word.

If you are defining "keeper" as a caretaker as the dictionary defines and the KJV Bible appears to define "keeper" then this would allow one to do other things outside the home as long as they "looketh well to the ways of her household".

Consider these verses with the word keeper:

Quote:
1Sa 17:20 And David rose up early in the morning, and left the sheep with a keeper, and took, and went, as Jesse had commanded him; and he came to the trench, as the host was going forth to the fight, and shouted for the battle.

1Sa 17:22 And David left his carriage in the hand of the keeper of the carriage, and ran into the army, and came and saluted his brethren.

Ge 4:2 And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.
I would find it hard to believe that these people never did anything but keep their post.

With the invention of the phone, tv, internet it is very easy to be a stayer at home but not a keeper at home. One can certainly be a "stayer at home" and be a pretty sorry caretaker.

Having said that though, the more a woman has commited to outside the home the less she is able to be a teacher, to love her husband, and to love her children.

I'd also like to throw this thought in...

Quote:
24 She maketh fine linen, and selleth it;and delivereth girdles unto the merchant.
While she does seem to have a home based business, it also appears that the majority of the outside the home work of peddling her wares is delegated to a merchant.