View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 AM

Bro George

Once again you imply that only those who rightly divide the word of truth understand the Bible.

If I understand you, you believe that a "saved" person does not need to be taught anything. Then you write a whole lesson to teach us. Why?

1 Cor 14:19 Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.

This is in the church. Paul is teaching believers. Why? And he also makes it clear that is is important these believers understand the meaning of his teaching. They could not understand an unknown tongue.

1 Tim 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

Again, this is describing a bishop's qualifications for duty in the church among believers. Why should he be apt to teach? What does it mean to "take care of the church of God?"?

1 Tim 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

Why should Timothy put the brethren in rememberance of these things? They are saved, they have the Holy Spirit.

And a few verses later.

1 Tim 4:11 These things command and teach.

Why do you write out these lessons? We are saved. We don't need you to teach us.