View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 09:09 PM
look3467

Quote:
“But as you pointed out, the early church in Jerusalem took this very literally”…>>>Diligent

If we can understand the conditions that were in place we can understand much about the reality and the spirituality of many of the things that were said.

I mean, there was a radical change from a Jewish traditional belief and practices to that of a new belief and that new belief had no foundation for believers to stand on.

Consider the early church a baby spiritually, that must grow amidst the world of unbelief, and must struggle to find what it is that would stir them straight.

Paul, I believe gave advice based on what God had revealed to him as grounds by which this young spiritual baby could be protected by any wind of doctrine that might raise its head ad deceive.

Because the beginnings were but a small group and the conditions were of dangerous times, the group was to cling tighter as one unit.

Today, the same applies, but in many different groups, all with sincere intentions.

As for assumed contradictions, Paul was at odds to describe the depth of Gods revelations in simple terms to where these folks making a radical change could understand the new.

The church today, I mean the body of believers, not denominations, is way more advanced in knowledge and experience.

More mature in its understandings of Gods word.

Dispensation of Grace meant a new message to the new church as extrapolated in that verses you quoted: Ephesians 3:1-5.

I can tell you that when I was a child, I understood as a child, but now that I am older, I understand thing allot differently, to the glory of God.

Peace>>>AJ