View Single Post
Old 05-23-2009, 08:29 PM

When Jesus spoke to Paul in Hebrew, or when Paul preached in Hebrew at Jerusalem, or when Jesus spoke Hebrew on the cross, none of these are "inspired Scripture" in that they are spoken things. What "inspiration" covers is the writing of the Scripture by a human author once for every word in the Autographs. The outworking of that is that God would not fail to keep and preserve what He inspired. Those words have inspiration power in them. But God is not "reinspiring", He is preserving by His Providence (power to provide and work through history).

The King James Bible was not made by inspiration from 1604-1611. It is, however, perfectly translated and rendered.

Quote:
From Acts 2 and other places I believe that God, through the power of the Holy Ghost and the gift of tongues translated His Word into every language in the World.
You will notice that was connected to preaching and prophecy in Acts. It has nothing to do with Bible writing or translating.

Quote:
I am ind Baptist and I see you hold charismatic doctrine...what do you think tongues was for?
I am not a Charismatic, but a Traditional Pentecostal. Tongues were never for Scripture translating.