View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Connie

OK, George, I guess it would be more spiritual of me just to announce that the scripture says what I say it says and not what you say it says, but since I muster arguments that makes me a humanist. Paul mustered arguments himself in that passage, maybe half a dozen different arguments depending on how one counts.

Quote:
. . . you are extremely argumentative and when people dispute your beliefs or refuse to believe what you believe you take it personal and lash out and make these unwarranted and unfounded accusations against the brethren here on this site.
You are wrong, I have NOT taken anything personal when the argument itself is addressed, except when one young guy came on slinging comments without regard to anything that came before, which is really rude. Otherwise I've stuck to the facts and only objected to the personal comments, and considering the provocation very little as a matter of fact, in my opinion. But all you are doing is denying that there is any provocation etc etc etc.

You don't think calling me a "humanist" is about the worst accusation a person could make? It's like calling someone a heretic, which seems to be done around here quite frequently and unjustly in my opinion. "Beth" drove two pentecostals off the board with that accusation, very unfairly in my opinion and I'm completely against the pentecostal/charismatic movement, and I didn't see you getting on her case.

And I did think you were out of this discussion as you said you were. I've been answering new people who have entered.

Last edited by Connie; 04-06-2008 at 11:04 PM.