View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:15 PM

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish
since you have not even figured out what Biblical authority IS, I would hate to see what you do with any serious doctrines....Translation: Your concept of the Bible has been filleted like a fish my friend, and your old musty argument still rings as hollow as it did on post no. 9. The strings on your puppet show have been revealed.
Well spoken, brother Parrish. I actually enjoyed the visit by Brian, sometimes even rust and tin can sharpen iron .. a little, metaphorically. His attempt to try to place a logical construct of negation to underlie unbelief was fascinating .. and his inability to see the contradiction in "proving" unbelief and errancy in the tangible Bible from the same "Bible" he claims is malleable and errant (with a text and books that are decided by personal 'conviction', whim, preference, brainwashing) was itself fascinating There is a spiritual principality that blocks such a Bible skeptic from even dealing with the fundamentals of logic.

Here is a three-line summary that condenses everything Brian wrote :

" 'The Bible' is absolute truth - the source of doctrine and wisdom, inerrant."

"I 'prove' from 'the Bible' that every tangible Bible is untrue, errant, faulty."

"Nonetheless, despite the fact that every Bible we can read is errant, I use the erroneous and faulty 'Bible', somehow, as the base of my proof."

We cannot be too suprised at exiting rather than trying to come to grips.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

Last edited by Steven Avery; 12-08-2008 at 12:30 PM.