View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 11:58 AM

Default The proof of this new doctrine

Brian's after "proof" - proof of a new doctrine (the authority of the King James Bible) that so many on this site uphold and believe.

Is this really a new doctrine? Have not the saints of years past stood on the same foundation of believing the words of God?

The issue that has risen to the surface has never been so elevated as it is today. The old serpent has quietly slithered into this issue forcing the undeceived believers to take a stand - a stand that was really common, yet perhaps unannounced in the past.

Still, the proof of this doctrine is the existence of the very Book itself. While BrianT considers this to be "circular reasoning," he is, in fact, missing the point.

Allow me to briefly illustrate the point.

The water found in certain rivers or creeks (cricks, to some of you !) in my area is considered by many to be undrinkable. Yet if one should claim that a local stream is pure and clean no one would believe them until the water was thoroughly tested. The proof comes not from any claim, but from the ability to pass the test.

That Book's been tested inside and out. My, how so many would love nothing more than to PROVE the King James Bible errant. Yet, it stands true, unaffected by the assults.

If the King James Bible were NOT perfect, we would never make the claim that it is.