View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 07:19 AM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default God's perfect Book - the King James Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick
Again,I could claim the same for ANY translation of God's word

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Oh really? Who would say such a thing about the NIV? NASB?

That's one of the things I find so telling about this whole issue. No other Bible in history has ever been held to by so many as being pure and authoritative. But nobody who actively promotes modern translations would dare say any of them are absolutely authoritative.
Very true. Maverick shows the typical mindset of today's Bible Agnostics. They don't take a stand on anything regarding the Bible issue. In his thinking, all truth is relative, undefined and unknowable. If he were to actually take a stand on any particular Bible or complete set of Scripture as being the very words of God in contrast to those that are not, then he would offend all his cronies and fellow 'scholars', and he doesn't want to do THAT.

In reality his statement is on the same spiritual level as saying: "I could claim the same for ANY way of salvation. Absolute truth does not exist. All is relative and we don't want to offend the Hindus, Buddists, New Agers, Muslims or atheists, now do we?"

"Nevertheless, when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?" Luke 18:8

Will K