View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Do any of you know what mark God placed on Cain?

Ge 4:13 ¶ And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.
14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.
15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Some have argued that black races are descendants of Cain. They rightfully claim that after Cain killed Abel, God cursed him, made him a fugitive and a vagabond, and “set a mark” upon him. But then the biblical segregationist erroneously maintains that the “mark” is the black skin and the divine curse justifies discrimination against his descendants – the black race. This assertion is ridiculously easy to disprove. First, the text does not state or even imply that the “mark” set on Cain was black skin. We do know that the other “marks” in the Word of God were just that, literal marks.

The mark of the beast is a literal mark in Revelation 13:16, And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: The mark put on the 144,000 tribulation witnesses is a literal mark in Ezekiel 9 and again in Revelation 7:2-3, And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads. To say that the mark is one thing in one passage and a completely different thing in another passage is not being consistent. It amounts to misusing the Bible to fit your own agenda.

Second, black people cannot be descendants of Cain for the simple fact that all of Cain’s descendants died in the Flood. The only people saved in the Flood were Noah’s family which descended from Seth and not Cain. If Cain’s blood were in one of Noah’s sons, it would be in all of them.