Thread: Luke 12: 46
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
So I am not condoning drinking in anyway whatsoever. But I do think some who teach that a Christian cannot drink in moderation are wrong. Maybe I am reading the scriptures wrong, but I don't think so. I simply want to understand the scriptures as God intended, not as men teach.
I am one of those Men who teach that a Christian cannot drink in "moderation"
Why? I shall tell you..
Because before the Lord set this unworthy soul on the path of righteousness I was a miserable drug and drink addict, I KNOW firsthand the evil of alcohol in moderation or not, it consumes, it destroys, it ravages, Oh Boy does it Biteth!

Proverbs 23:32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

There was a thread on this forum last year on this subject and quite rightly Brandon closed it, and I hope that this subject stays closed. There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to alcohol.

Clint Brother
YOU CANNOT LOSE YOUR SALVATION ...PERIOD ! it is not yours to lose, It was a Gift of God that seals you until the day of redemption, any man that tells YOU that any sinful habit you may still struggle with will deny you your salvation, needs to take a mighty big step down of his soap box of self righteousness.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

2 Corinthians 1:21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

There are many many more wonderful verses from scripture that speak of ETERNAL SALVATION, any sins committed in the flesh after salvation will not be judged as the lost will, but we will ALL as Born again Children of God, be judged as Sons.

2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Pay no mind to any man that is trying to rob you of the "Blessed Hope"

Titus 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

In addition

Brother may I also add that this portion of scripture is speaking of the wicked, the evil servant, the unbelievers, who have denied Christ and his appearing

Luke 12:46 The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

Those who profess to be saved, have a form of godliness but lack the power. It speaks of wicked hypocrites who will share the same portion as unbelievers because they were never truly Born again

2 Timothy 3:1-5 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn
away.

This is the portion with the unbelievers

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 05-02-2009 at 04:09 PM.